This course is designed to assist officers to survive an unanticipated ‘ambush’ attack during close-quarter interactions with subjects. We focus on the most probable common attacks against officers and incorporate scientific methods to prepare officers to prevail in these envcounters. The startle-reflex phenomenon and other behavioural responses to violence are core to the methodology. The result is higher-performing officer whose tactics are resilient in the face of extreme violence.
- Attitudes required for high performance in combat
- Instinctive Protection and Defensive Behaviours
- Pressure Test Drills – Frames (Grab / Tackle / Headlock)
- Pressure Test Drills – Instinctive Protection (Kinetic Assault)
- Continuous Pressure Drills
- Mental Model Training for Higher Performance
- Weapon Development (Palms, Elbows, Forearms, Knees)
- Engagement Development Drills
- Attack Resolution Training
- Chaos Habituation Training
- Weapon Protection and Retention
- Safe Search and Pat-Down Procedure
- Arrest and Control Tactics
- Transitional Control Tactics for Handcuffing
Impact Reduction Training Gear and F/X Simunition is incorporated into the later parts of the training, where available.
We link this course to the Ground and Armed Encounters Course, the CQB/SWAT Operator and Close Protection courses to create a 4-week or 6-week programme of intensive combatives preparation for specialist teams.