Advanced Combatives in Special Contexts – Ground, Knife, Restricted Positions
In any real assault there is a strong possibility that one or more of the combatants end up kneeling, sitting, reclining or laying on the ground or pinned or hampered, in a very confined space, over or under and obstacle or odd surface in a restricted position. In other scenarios the assailant will use a knife or blunt trauma instrument which increases the risk to the officer. This course addresses these scenarios with a comprehensive methodology and tactics.
- Tactical Sprawl from Takedown Attempts
- Ground Protection Positions and Ground Movement
- Surviving Strikes and Kicks while Grounded
- Reversing and Engaging the Standing Opponent
- Close-Quarters Getup and Disengagement
- Surviving and Reversing Ground Control Attempts
- Returning to standing positions from Ground combat
[Gun, Knife and Blunt Weapon Armed Assaults]
- Secure Grip Drills from Close Threat Attempts
- Pressure Test Drills (pull /push/ free hand punch)
- Reverse & Engage Drills using Personal CQ tools
- Reverse and Engage Drills using Environment
- Surviving the Stab, Shank and Slash kinetic assaults
- Avoidance, Deflection and Interception Drills
- Passive and Active Draw Interception Drills
Impact Reduction Training Gear and F/X Simunition is incorporated into the later parts of the training, where available.
This course is often taught in addition to the Fundamentals Course to provide a broader scope to the officer’s close-quarter capability. It builds on the principles from the fundamentals course and introduces new contexts and environments in which the counter-ambush methodology can be used to enhance officer survivability. It is an excellent preparation for our CQB/SWAT Operator course.